The Drawing Club of St. Thomas’ College [Autonomous] was established to encourage the excellence in drawing and painting skills of the students. The club was stated during 2018 and conducted various activities like competitions and exhibitions.
The activities of Drawing club of St. Thomas’ college were started with a painting exhibition – “Piccasso 2018” as a part of centenary mega expo during 19.08.2018-20.08.2018. A total of 60 entries of water colour, pencil drawing and paintings were exhibited in the Piccasso 2018. The drawing club was conducted a pencil drawing competition on the topic: “Kerala rises after the mega flood”. The competition was conducted on 23.10.2018 as a part of Club Day celebrations. The club conducted pencil drawing and poster making competitions as a part of Swachhata Pakhwada programme on 20th January 2020. In 2021, the club conducted an online instant drawing competition on the topic ‘nostalgia’ on 02nd March 2021.
Dr. Joby Paul (Organizer)
Dr. Nicy Sebastian (Statistics)
Ms. Geetha Gokul (Economics)
Mr. Jaiby Joseph(Media Studies)
Mr. Saimon Jacob (Media Studies)
To promote drawing and painting skills of students of St. Thomas’ College students through training, exhibitions and competitions
1. Training for drawing and painting by workshops and seminars
2. Exhibition of painting and drawings by the students
3. Conducting competitions to recognize talented students
4. Piccasso 2018 Exhibition as a part of centenary mega expo during 19.08.2018
5. Pencil drawing competition conducted on 23.10.2018 with the theme- Kerala rises after the mega flood.
6. Swachhata competitions 20.01.2020