CRIMINOLOGY AND POLICE SCIENCE
Dr. Swetha Thomas
Perumbral House, Kallubane, Virajpet, Kodagu, Karnataka
- Doctor of Philosophy (Development Studies-Criminology) from M.G. University (Impact of Training on the Attitude of Police Recruits Towards Crime).
- Masters in Criminology from National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Bachelor in Psychology from Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore.
Areas of Interest:
- Research in police science and administration, Crime Investigations, Corporate Investigations, Human Rights, Security Management.
Previous Work Experiences:
- GSOC Specialist at ServiceNow (Securitas)- Hyderabad
- Intern at Kerala Police Academy
- Former Vice President- Indian Criminology & Forensic Science Association
- Thomas, S. (2016). Acceptance of Rape Myth Among Police Trainees. IOSR Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences, 21(4), pg 10- 13.
Seminars and Conferences:
- 36th All India Criminology Conference in 2013 at National Law University, Delhi.
- UGC sponsored National Workshop on Research Methodology for Academic Research in 2014 at SGTDS, M.G. University, Kottayam.
- UGC sponsored national seminar on Crime Against Women- A Growing Menace to Society in 2015 at BCM, Kottayam (Paper Presented: Crime against Women in Kerala).
- National Seminar cum Workshop on Cyber Security ‘CYSEC 3’ in 2017 conducted by Department of Computer Science, School of Technology and Applied Sciences, M.G. University, Kottayam.
- National Seminar on Loco Motor Disabilities in 2017 at School of Behavioural Sciences, M.G. University, Kottayam (Paper Presented: Legal lacunae with respect to persons with disabilities).
- Kerala Studies Conference in 2019 at SGTDS, M.G. University, Kottayam
- Online ‘Moodle’ Training Workshop-Advanced in 2021 organized by IQAC, St Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur.