DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
Designation: Assistant Professor
Address: Department of Economics, St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur-680001
Area of Specialisation: Public Finance, International Trade
- Ph.D in Economics at the Dr. John Matthai Centre, University of Calicut, Thrissur (currently pursuing)
- M. Phil (Applied Economics), Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum, under Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi
- MA (Economics), St. Aloysius College (Thrissur) under Calicut University
- Working as Asst. Professor in the Department of Economics, St.Thomas’ College (Autonomous), Thrissur, Kerala, since July 2015.
- Research Assistant in a project sponsored by the Government of Kerala on “Comprehensive Social Security Scheme” at CDS, Trivandrum under Prof AV Jose (Honorary Fellow, CDS, Trivandrum).
- Research Assistant in a project sponsored by the Government of Kerala on “Comprehensive Social Security Scheme” at the Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation (GIFT), Trivandrum.
- Project Associate in “Local Links and Impacts: The Role of Institutions in Regional Development” sponsored by Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST), Trivandrum at the Institute for Development Research, Trivandrum.
- Published a book titled, “Fiscal Imbalance, Adjustment and Recovery: An Analysis of its Implications on Development Spending of Major States in India” by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG ISBN: 978-3-8465-3803-6
- Presented a paper on ‘Impact of Rule Based Fiscal Policy on Social Sector Spending: A Study of Major States in India’ at the National Seminar on Indian Economy since Reforms: Development Issues and Challenges organized by Little Flower College, Guruvayur, Thrissur on 7th August 2014.
- ‘Impact of Village Resource Centre in Agricultural Development: A Case Study of Meppadi Panchayat in Wayanad District’, at the National Seminar on Economic Liberalisation and Inclusive Growth in India, organized by St. Aloysius College Elthuruth, Thrissur on 18th March 2014.