DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Dr. Syam Sudhakar
‘Smitham’, Nellikkattri P O , Kootanad,
Palakkad District , Kerala. 679 533
- 2010 – 2014 Ph.D in English Literature from the University of Madras. Thesis title: Beat
- After Beat: Re-contextualising Performance and Subculture.
- 2008 – 2009 M.Phil in English Literature from Presidency College, Madras.
- 2006 – 2008 M. A in English Language and Literature from the Department of English, University of Madras.
- 2008 Madras Kerala Samajam Poetry Award, Madras Kerala Samajam, Chennai.
- 2007 Vallatol Poetry Prize for Poetry by Kerala Kalamandalam, Cheruthurithi, Kerala.
- 2002 Nandita Poetry Award, Pappiyon Publishers, Calicut, Kerala.
- Regional Literature
- Avasanathe Kollimeen (The Last Meteor A collection of poems). Current Books, Thrissur. (Malayalam) 2014
- Drenched by the Sun (A collection of Poems). New Century Books, Chennai. 2013
- Slicing the Moon: A Screen book of Poems (Video rendering of poems). Black Dot & SSAH, Chennai & Sydney. 2013
- Syam Sudhakar Kavithaikal (Poems of Syam Sudhakar Trans. Yuma Vasuki), New Century Books, Chennai. (Tamil) 2008
- Earpam (Damp A collection of poems). Pappiyon Books, Calicut. (Malayalam) 2001
- Selected Research Papers
- “South Indian Poetry: New Writing – New Thinking.” The Commonwealth Review. Indian Society for Commonwealth Studies, New Delhi, India. 2013
- “Vicki Viidikas – On the Road”. Asian Journal of Literature, Culture and Society. Vol 06, No. 02. Oct issue. Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand. 2012
- “Subverting Cultures: Performing Gay Body in Literature”. Mapping Territories: Critical Insights into Post Independence Indian Writing in English. MCC, Chennai. 2012
- “Elephant Images and Representations: Narratives and the Production of Cultural Signifiers in Kerala”, Issues in Ethics and Animal Rights, Daya Publication, New Delhi. 2011