DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
Dr. Vimala Jose, M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D.
Paraemackal House , Kallaekulangara P O
Palakkad -678 009
- M. Sc Botany, University of Calicut
- B.Ed (Natural Science), University of Calicut
- Ph. D (Botany), Indian Institute of Spices Research, University of Calicut
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR, India)
- Tissue and Cell culture Research in Spices. Spice India, 2001
- Studies on in vitro orchid seed germination. Mercy Research Review, vol3, no 1. pp 67-74 (2007).
- Genetic variation and interrelationships in Vanilla planifolia and few related species as expressed by RAPD polymorphism. Genet Resour Crop Evol (2008) 55: 459 -470.
- Completed a UGC sponsored minor research project entitled Studies on the effect of agricultural wastes on the mass multiplication of Biofertilizers (MRP (S) 588/ 2007 (X plan) KLCA 021 /UGC-SWRO)
- Completed a UGC sponsored Career Oriented Programme on Biofertilizer Technology (F. No. 4-115 /2007 (VE/ COP).
- 20 th Kerala Science Congress (28 -31 Jan, 2008, Thiruvanathapuram) presented a contest paper entitled Hybridization in Vanilla under Life Science section.
- Presented a paper on in vitro culture and field inoculation of Blue Green Algae at the UGC sponsored National seminar on Managing fragile Ecosystems organised by the Post graduate Department of Botany, MES Asmabi College, Kodungallur and the M S Swaminathan Research Foundation (15, 16 th 2010).
- Presented a paper on Bioresource Technology- its application and achievements in the international conference ICBRT -2010 organised by Nirmala College, Coimbatore(7 – 8 Oct 2010).