THEME : YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
Participants all students from V1th semester
Presidential Address Dr.Thomas Paul Kattookaran
Vice Principal St Thomas ‘College (Autonomous) Thrissur
Chief Guest :-Ms Nima Rahul
Psychologist and Motivation trainer
Gender Champion Programme St Thomas ‘College (Autonomous) organised a Programme on Self Awareness on17/01/208 at Medlycott Hall, St Thomas ‘College (Autonomous at 2 .30 p.m. for theVthSemester students. The programme was presided by Dr Thomas Paul Kattukaran, Vice Principal, St Thomas ‘College (Autonomous. The chief guest Ms Nima Rahul addressed the audience Empowerment is the degree of autonomy and self-determination in people and in communities. This enables them to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way, acting on their own authority.
- Empowering youth means to:
- Include youthin decision-making processes.
- Honor the youth
- Understand and implement their honest opinions and ideas.
- Be willing to share your adult power and privilege in order to make the community a better place for both young people and adults alike.
- Female empowerment could be defined in five separate categories: social, educational, economic, political, and psychological.
- the empowerment skills?
- The Empowerment Skills can be said to be of five kinds, namely: Life Coping Skills, Manipulative Skills, Intellectual Skills, Communicative Skills and Artistic Skills. These are natural skills which every organism including man, acquires from birth to adapt fittingly in his or its environment.
- The aim of empowerment:-Empowerment is the degree of autonomy and self-determination in people and in communities. This enables them to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way, acting on their own authority.