THEME : WONDERFUL WOMEN PARENTING
Participants BBA /B COM FINAL YEAR GIRLS
Presidential Address Dr.Joy K L
Principal St Thomas ‘College (Autonomous) Thrissur
Chief Guest Dr Jesna
Prathyasa Institute Thrissur
Meeting link was :https://meet google.com/ekb-smev-vew
Chief Guest Dr Jesna K Personality development Trainer Prathyasa Institute Thrissur was the resource person. .Smt. Alice Pauly HOD of the department presided the webinar , Dr Vimala K John Gender programme coordinator and assistant professor in zoology welcomed the gathering ,39 students participated in the webinar AND Prof Lijo Jose proposed vote thanks .
five reasons why mothers play a crucial role in parenting.
- The First Teacher – Scientific evidence shows that kids learn a lot of things way before they are born. Right from music, to smell, to sounds, they get their first sense of the outside world from the mother. This apart, mothers tend to spend a lot more time with the baby, even if it is just for nursing. Compared to the hours spent by dad, which makes them the first teacher.
- Values Imbiber – Kids learn through what they see, rather than from what they hear. This makes the mother’s role crucial in imbibing core values, habits, and behavioral traits from a very young age. The child picks the way a mother speaks, interacts, and engages with everyone around. This is how a kid learns and model this behavior as they grow up. Similarly, the way the mother is treated also tends to have a strong psychological effect on the child. So, make sure that you treat the lady of the house right
- The Counsellor – Mothers, are the go-to person for every child. In fact, we never outgrow her love and affection in our lifetime, as she’s there every time we need her. Be it a sibling conflict, a bruised leg, or a broken heart, she is the most comforting person to counsel us in the right direction. Mothers, in other words, are capable of healing the broken spirits and raising a happy child.
- The Reader of Non-Verbal Cues – Multiple researches have shown that mothers are better at reading nonverbal cues than fathers. This makes them better nurtures and bond with kids instantly, while being capable of bringing in any emotional, physical, or behavioural changes in the child without much difficulty.
- The Emotional Backbone – Mothers are the first friends and confidants we make at a very young age, and the bond grows strong. Moms serve as the emotional backbone and contribute immensely to positive child development. Researchers also proved that a child’s development, character, and attitudes, depend a lot on the mother. This indicates a clear correlation to the nurture and emotional support that a mother provides to her child.
Mothers are one of the first indications of the sovereignty of God in our lives. Mothers teach us to have confidence and belief in ourselves. Mothers knew from experience how important for people to believe in themselves in order for children to be whole, strong and grow with a healthy estimation of oneself.
A mother’s role is to love her children with all her heart. It is also the role of every mom to understand her children. When a child feels this, he or she learns to trust the parent(s) better. … When a mother nurtures her children well, love and goodness are awakened in the children’s hearts.
Therefore, an ideal mother is one who inculcates the best of family values in her children, she has tons of patience to put up with the childish tantrums and makes the child feel satisfied and happy without being over indulgent. She is the child’s best friend and is there for the child through thick and thin