UG ADMISSION RULES
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION AND INDEXING FOR RANKING
- Those candidates who are “Eligible for Higher Studies” as per the Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or a pass in the equivalent examinations is the minimum criteria for admission to degree courses, unless otherwise specified. (U.O.No 2393/2015/Admn Dated:10.03.2015).
- The candidates who have qualified the HSE and VHSE of the Government of Kerala under ‘SAY’ scheme and Compartmental Examination of CBSE are also eligible for admission to first year degree courses in the same academic year. (U.O. No. GA I /A2/ 5753/2000 dated 14.05.2004 ).
- The candidates posessing certificate with “Eligible for Higher Studies”issued by the Kerala State Literacy Mission Authority are also eligible for Humanities and Commerce programmes. (U.O No. 408/2019/Admn Dated: 11.01.2019).
- Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu (Private study) shall not be admitted to any course under this University. (U.O.No.GAI/A1/5062/2002 dated 07.07.2005).
- The physically and visually challenged candidates are not eligible for admission to Geology course. The visually challenged candidates are not eligible for admission to Science subjects (involving practical) except BCA, BSc IT and BSc Computer Science.
- All candidates qualified the Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examinations held up to and including the annual examinations of the proceeding academic years are eligible for admission.
- Bonus/Weightage marksBonus / weightage marks will be added to the total marks obtained in the qualifying examination to calculate the index marks and for ranking in the selection list in the case of candidates who already possess the required minimum marks prescribed.
- Students who got First place / A grade in the Kerala State Higher Secondary /Vocational Higher Secondary Arts Festivals – 10 Marks
- In the case of ex-serviceman, widows and children of Jawan and ex-servicemen,and to the widows and children of B.S.F. Personnel killed or disabled in action. – 15 Marks
- For the N.S.S volunteers (+2 level) – 15 Marks
- For the NCC cadets (+2Level) – 15 Marks Cadets holding A,B,C certificates are eligible for an additional weightage of 3,5,10marks respectively
- For the students who served as Student Police Cadets in +2 level – 15 Marks
- Scouts/Guides/Rover/Ranger Rajya Puraskar/Nanma Mudra Certificate in +2 Level – 15 Marks
- The admission of the students who obtained the same index marks shall be decided first on the basis of age and then by name in alphabetical order unless otherwise specified. (U.O. No. GA1/A2/7226/2000 dated : 04-05-2001).
- In the case of VHSE candidates for admissions to BCom/BBA/BTHM programmes and all other programmes that come under Commerce and Management faculty, the index marks shall be arrived at by taking the marks of all the subjects except that of the marks of Vocational practicals and Internship Evaluation. (U.O. No. 2422/2015 dated : 11.03.2015).
- In the case of VHSE candidates for admissions to BA programmes, index marks shall be arrived at by taking the marks of all the papers except that of Vocational practicals and Internship Evaluation/Skill Evaluation Module. (U.O. No. 2422/2015 dated : 11.03.2015).
- In the case of courses equivalent to Plus two of Kerala HSE and have maximum marks or grades not in line with that of Plus two of Kerala HSE, the same will be normalized to the maximum marks of Plus two of Kerala HSE and the rank list will be prepared accordingly. (U.O. No. 2422/2015 dated : 11.03.2015).
- For admissions to BA programmes, the existing weightage of 25 marks shall be increased to 50, for those who have studied the subject concerned (mentioned in the present admission rule) in HSE or equivalent. (U.O. No. 2422/2015 dated : 11.03.2015)
- A concession of 5% will be given to OBC/OEC candidates. The SC/ST candidates need get only a pass.