ST THOMAS’ COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), THRISSUR
Undergraduate Admissions 2021
Instructions to the candidate:
Candidate should read all the instructions carefully before filling up the online application form.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements stipulated by the University of Calicut and the Government of Kerala. Submission of the application should be made only through the link available on the college website at www.stthomas.ac.in
Requirements for online registration:
- A valid personal email ID. (If one does not have an email ID, he/she can create it under domains like gmail.com or yahoo.com free of cost.) All correspondence regarding the admission process will be made only to the e-mail id and/or phone number which the candidate provides in the application form.
- Soft copy of passport sized colour photograph taken within the last six months, having the size of 150 px * 200px and scanned copy of signature.
Online registration process:
- Visit college website (stthomas.ac.in) and click Admission 2021 link available from the Admission tab in the homepage and then click on Apply for UG button which will lead to the registration page.
- New applicant shall click the Register button and filling the required details (name, email id, mobile number, date of birth and category) and he/she will receive a password through the email his/her email id. One can use his/her email id and the password received through mail for further login process and to sign in. Already registered candidates shall login using their email ID and password for editing or printing the application.
- After logging in, the applicant will be prompted to perform the online fee payment.
- Through one login (which is created by an email id), a candidate can register 3 different application forms with different choices. St. Thomas’ College, Thrissur offers 23 UG courses & 1 M Sc Psychology (5 Year Integrated) and if the candidate is yet to finalise his/her decision of pursuing a particular degree, the Admission Committee has decided to let the candidate apply for 3 different UG courses as their first option. For this facility, they will have to pay Rs. 200 for the first application (Rs. 130 for SC/ST), Rs. 130 for the second application (Rs. 100 for SC/ST) and Rs. 60 for the third application. This increases the chances of the candidate getting placed in St. Thomas’. Likewise, the candidate can apply for 9 UG courses through their three applications.
- After the payment of the fees, the candidate will enter the next phase of the application process. The application can be submitted only after the completion of all the stages and then one can download or print the application.
- Fill up the form carefully and upload the soft copy of the passport size photo and signature (the application will be rejected if your entries are not correct).
- The candidate has to verify the details carefully before final submission.
- The candidate is advised to keep the print out of the submitted application with him/her for future use. He/she is not required to submit the hard copy of the application at the college office. After getting selection, candidate has to submit the print out of the application, admit card, original certificates of Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) / Secondary School Examination (SSE) and Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) along with other relevant certificates including those for reservation or weightage of marks, if any, at the time of interview.
- Syrian Catholic (Syro Malabar) candidate from Thrissur Diocese may select the option for Seat Reservation as Syrian Catholic (Syro Malabar Thrissur Diocese) to be considered under Community Quota. Candidate opting for it should get it certified from the concerned Parish Priest in the prescribed space of the application form. There is no separate form for Community Quota.
- If the family annual income of the candidate is less than 1,00,000/-, he/she is eligible for fee concession. For availing of this benefit, the candidate must select General (concession) in the Fee Reservation category.
- Online form for Management Quota will be available on the college website.
The list of the provisionally selected candidates will be published online according to the rules of the University, Government and the College. Candidates have to remit the fee stipulated by the University and the Government for aided and self-financing programmes.
Documents to be produced at the time of admission:
The original mark lists of Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) / Secondary School Examination (SSE) (for verification), Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) / equivalent certificate and other relevant documents (Eligibility Certificate from other State / University, Caste Certificate for Reservation, Income Certificate for Fee Concession, NCC, NSS, PH, Sports, Ex- Servicemen, etc.)
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the institution last attended.
- Conduct Certificate obtained within 6 months
- 3 passport – sized colour photographs taken within the last six months
- Printout of the online payment receipt of tuition fee and other fee mentioned in the intimation letter by email
- Please take sufficient number of photocopies of the certificates before submitting the originals to the college for future use, if any. The original certificates would be required for verification by the university.
- The submitted certificates will be returned only after the completion of the programme or at the time of issuing the Transfer Certificate (TC).