DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Dr Mary Antony P, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D
Porattukara house, P.O. Chiyyaram-680026, Thrissur, Kerala.
|Calicut University, Department of Psychology||2014-2019|
Ph.D Research Area– Juvenile sex offending: Psychological Indicators and Remedial Issues
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship from UGC
|Calicut University, Department of Psychology||2012-2013|
M.Phil in Psychology, CGPA for two semesters-8.84.Final Grade-A
- Dissertation work on – Juvenile sex offending: An Exploratory Study
|Calicut University, Department of Psychology||2008-2010|
M.Sc Applied Psychology, CGPA-7.82, Grade-A,First Position.
- Specialisations- Behavioral Disorders, Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Clinical Paediatric Psychology, Psychology in Medical Setting, Industrial Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Therapies.
- Dissertation work on the topic- Anxiety and Coping Styles of Spouses Of Alcoholics.
- Internship training has been done at Mental Health Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
|Calicut University, Prajyoti Niketan College,Pudukad||2005-2008|
B.Sc Psychology, First class-82.4%,Fifth Rank
- Subsidiaries- Human Physiology and Psychological Statistics
- Project topic-Depression Among Cancer Patients.
|The Board of Higher Secondary Examinations,St.Raphel’s C.G.H.S.S,Ollur Humanities Group||2003-2005|
|Secondary School Leaving Certificate -The Board of Public Examinations, St.Paul’s C.G.H.S.S, Kuriachira||2003|
|Assistant Professor, St.Albert’College(Autonomous),Ernakulam||July 2021-March 2022|
Teaching Under graduation and Postgraduation Students
|Assistant Professor, Christ Deemed to be University, Bangalore||November 2019- May 2021|
Teaching Under graduation and Postgraduation Students
|Psychologist, Alpha Palliative Care, Ollur Link Centre||April 2019- October 2019|
Psychotherapy, Counselling and training programmes for those comes under Health Psychology spectrum.
|Psychologist, Ephphatha Speech & Hearing Centre,Thrissur||February 2012-September2012|
Psychotherapy and counselling for children with special needs.
|External Faculty Government Nursing College, Thrissur||September 2011-February 2012|
Teaching graduate students.
|Assistant Lecturer (Guest Faculty), Vimala College, Thrissur||July2011 – November 2011.|
Teaching graduate and post graduate students.
- Juvenile Sex Offenders : An Exploratory Study in the book- Research Trends in Multidisciplinary Research,Volume1,2018.
- Role of Self- efficacy and Family Environment in Regulating Psychological Wellbeing among Adolescents and Adolescent Male Offenders Undergoing Trial in Journal of Contemporary Psychological Research Social Sciences Vol.3(2),August 2016.
- Role of Self- efficacy and Family Environment in Regulating Psychological Wellbeing of Adolescents in International Research Journal of Social Sciences Vol.4(12),1-6,December(2015).
- Psychological wellbeing and attitude towards sexuality among college students in Scholars World- International Refereed Multidisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research, Vol III, Issue III, July2015.
- Juvenile sex offending: Perspective of significant people related to juvenile sex offenders in Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary ResearchVol.5(6) June(2015)
- Anxiety, Age Difference at Marriage and Coping Styles of Spouses of Alcoholics in SELP Journal of Social SciencesJuly-September2012.
- Perceptions on Narcotic drugs and Psychotic Substances among Adolescents : An Exploration- XXIX Annual convention of NAOP, India and International Conference on making Psychology deliverable to the society conducted by Department of Applied Psychology, Pondicherry University on 20-22 December 2019.
- Symposium title as Learning and teaching Psychology in a Seminar-What is and What not Psychology conducted by Department of Psychology, University of Calicut on 1-3 March,2018.
- Role of Self- efficacy and Family Environment in Regulating Psychological Wellbeing among Adolescents and Adolescent Male Offenders Undergoing Trial- 51st National and 20th International Conference of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology(IAAP) on Psychology For Achieving Human Excellence, Organized by Department of Psychology, Bangalore University, on 6 -8 May 2016.
- Role of Self efficacy and Family Environment in regulating Psychological Well being of adolescents- UGC sponsored National Seminar- Professionalizing Psychology in India: New Trends and Practices, organized by Post Graduate Department of Psychology Kuriakose Elias College, Mannanam, Kottayam on 17-19 September2015.
- Juvenile Sex Offending : Perspective of Significant People Related to Juvenile Sex Offenders-19th Annual conference and International Seminar on Crises Affecting Peace, Prosperity and Culture-The Third World Scenario, Hosted by Department of History, Psychology and Sociology of Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit on 10-12 December,2014 , Kalady.
- Subjective Wellbeing among High School students- Three day National Conference of Indian School Psychology Association (InSPA), hosted by the Department of Psychology, University of Calicut,22-24 November,2012.
- Paper on Anxiety and Coping Styles of Spouses of Alcoholics at Two Day National Seminar on Current Trends and Challenges in Applied Psychology, Organised by Department of Psychology, University of Calicut,14-15October2010.
Online Courses(MOOC) Attended
|University of Colarado||14-05-2020|
Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School
How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper (Project-Centered Course)
- Two day National workshop on Dance Movement Therapy from 2-3rd February 2018, organized by CDMRP as part of 2nd Annual Multi-Disciplinary National Conference.
- National Workshop on Dreams : Concepts and Interpretation,26-27 January 2018, Organized by Department of Psychology, University of Kerala.
- Orientation Training Program on Data Analytics in Psychological research(DMPR),February 8-9,2017,Organized by Psychology Research Unit & SQC& OR Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Hyderabad.
- One day User Awareness Programme on Shodhganga and Anti-Plagiarism Software(Urkund),30 October 2015, Organized by INFLIBNET Centre, Gandhinagar and C.H.Mohammed Koya Library, University of Calicut.
- One day Regional Seminar on Couple Therapy, 19th February,2015 organized by Clinical Psychology Division, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur.
Details of Training Programmes / Classes Conducted
- Classes on Mental Health at various link centres of Alpha Palliative Care.
- Session on Parenting at St. Joseph’s C.L.P School, Thrissur.
- Training of Trainers Programme (ToT)- Youth Employability at the Community Agrobiodiversity Centre of M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation for SC/ST students who are volunteers of National Service Scheme under affiliated colleges of Calicut and Kannur Universities.