|Date of Joining:
|Date of Birth:
||Mob: 9496734855, Ph: 0480 2721617
||M.Sc. , Ph.D. (University Calicut, Kerala, India)
|Ph.D Research Topic:
||"Studies on the Biology of Freshwater Cladocera" Crustacea
||Aquatic Biology, Cladoceran Embryology, Toxicology, Fishery Biology.
- Life member in Indian Association of Aquatic Biologists (IAAB), Hyderabad, India.
- Life member in Society for Biotechnologists, Cochin University, Kerala, India.
- Teacher Fellowship for completing Ph.D, University Grants Commission, New Delhi-2004.
- Minor Research Project:University Grants Commission. 2014.
|Academic positions held
- Board of studies member in Biotechnology, KANNUR UNIVERSITY, Kerala 2002- 2005
- Chairman M.Sc 2nd Semester Theory and Practical Exam - Zoology 2012.
- Board of studies member (UG) Zoology ,University of Calicut. 2013
- Board of studies member (UG and PG) Physiology ,University of Calicut. 2013
- "Environmental teratogenesis" Millinneum Zoology. 2001. Vol. 1; 52-57.
- "Bird migration sustained flight energy requirements". Millinneum Zoology 2002.Vol. 2; 51-55.
- Britto Joseph. K. Cladocerans as live feed in aquaculture. Millinneum Zoology 2007.Vol. 8(1); 34-35.
- Britto Joseph. K and C. K. G Nayar. Laboratory studies on the longevity, growth and egg production in Ceriodaphnia cornuta Sars :Millinneum Zoology 2007.Vol. 8(1); 15-18.
|Courses & Training attended (National Level)
- The Orientation Course, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India,1993, Sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- The training (ECP) in Higher Education, 1993, IGNOU, New Delhi, 2003.
- Refresher course in Life Science, Dept. of Zoology, University of Calicut.1996. Sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Refresher course in Life science, University of Kerala, 2002, sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Refresher course in Life science, University of Mangalore, 2004, sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
|Courses ,Symposiums & Training attended (International Level)
- First LAK International Training Course in " Tropical Freshwater Zooplankton", 1st -15th April 2004.
|Reviewer of Journals
Indian Journal of Aquatic biology ISSN: 0971-4235. IAAB, Hyderabad.
Hydrosphere'. IAAB. Hyderabad , Editorial board member.
Member in the Editorial board of 'Proceedings of seminar on conservation of Wetlands'. Feb. 2002. Christ College Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India.
Member in the Editorial board of 'Proceedings of seminar on River conservation and Management. January, 2003. St. Thomas college, Thrissur.
- Workshop for High school Biology Teachers, 21-07-2004 to 23-07-2004. held at St.Thomas' College ( University of Calicut) , Trichur, Kerala, India.
- Second LAK International Training Course in " Tropical Freshwater Zooplankton" ,15th -31st December 2005, held at St.Thomas' College (University of Calicut) , Trichur, Kerala, India.
- Master trainer for census 2010-12,
- UGC-NET Coaching at St. Thomas College, Thrissur from 2002.
- As Animator and Resource person of Irinjalakuda Diocesan Catechism Team 1988 to 2014.
|Seminars/Symposia/ Work Shops attended (National/International level)
- XIIIth National Conference of Comparative Animal Physiology, November.1991 Thiruvanandapuram, Kerala, India.
- National Seminar on Applied Immunology, Medical College, Thrissur, 1991, sponsored by Indian Immunological Society, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India,
- National seminar on "Prospects of Biotechnology in next millennium" November. 1999. Cochin University.
- Seminar on "Recent trends in in Microbiology" March 1999. Organised by Sree Sankara College, Kalady.
- National Seminar on "Ocean, Fish and Fisheries" March 1999, Christ College, Irinjalakuda.
- Workshop on Dermatoglyphics , October, 2000. Sponsered by STEC, St. Aloysius College, Trichur, Kerala, India.
- Seminar on Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2001. S. D. College, Aleppey. Kerala, India.
- National Seminar on 'Ecology and Conservation of Wetlands' Feb. 2002. Christ College Irinjalakuda, Kerala, India
- National Seminar on " Recent Trends in Restoration of Aquatic Environment and Biodiversity of Insects " Feb 2002. Konganadu Arts College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- National conference on recent trends in aquatic Biology, Nagarjuna University, Andhra Predesh. January 2003.
- Seminar on "Ramsar sites of Kerala". CWRDM campus, Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode , February, 2003
- National seminar on " River Conservation and Management" held from 2nd -4th January 2003 , at St.Thomas' College, Trichur, Kerala, India.
- National Seminar on "Inland Water Resources and Environment" held from 2nd -4th February, 2004 at University of Kerala , Trivandrum , Kerala, India.
- National Seminar on " Wetland Resources of India" held from 2nd-4th February ,2005 at Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy, Kerala, India
- National Conference on Wetland Biodiversity held from 2nd & 3rd February, 2006 Trichur, Kerala,India.
- National Seminar on wetland Biodiversity held from 09th and 10th February 2008, at M. S. M. College, Kayamkulam, Kerala, India.
- State level seminar and workshop on "Biological Techniques" organized by Department of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Microbiology, Mar Athanasius COLLEGE, KOTHAMANGALAM December 2010.
- Faculty training Programme on Information Technology Organized by department of Zoology, Nirmala College, Moovattupuzha., December 2010.
- Attended Census duty as Master Trainer for imparting training to Enumerators and supervisors in connection with 2nd phase of Census operation 2011 january.
- International Seminar on Cell and Molecular Biology, Organized by Department of Botany, Nirmala College, moovattupuzha, December, 2011.
- One day orientation programme conducted by Xavier Board of Higher Educationin India. at Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology, Kodakara on March 2011.
- Seminar on Governance and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education organized by IQAC, St. Thomas College, March 2012.
- National Seminar on 'Biotechnology and Information Technology, Organized by Research department of Zoology, Govt.Victoria College, Palakkad January 2013.
- National seminar on Research in Higher Education, Scope and Resources Organized by St.Thomas College , March 2013.
- Workshop on Insects Taxonomy-2013 Organized by Department of zoology, St.Thomas College, Thrissur
- National seminar on Climate change Scenario, Threats and potential impacts on Ecosystem"Conducted by Morning star Home science college, Angamaly July 2013.
- SEMINAR ON Intellectual Property Rights held on 24th September 2013 at Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology, Kodakara.
- Convenor of the One Day Awareness programme on "Climate Change Causes and Consequences" Organized in Connection with International Day for preservation of Ozone layer at St. Thomas College , Thrissur on 25th October 2013.
- Training on Environmental Impact Assessment held at SCMS College of Engineering Technology at Cochin. February 2014.
- Seminar on National Science Day Organized by Research and Post-graduate Department of Zoology, St. Thomas College , Thrissur on 28th February 2014.
||Indira Gandhi College of Arts and Science Nellikuzhy, Kothamangalam. MSc Project Guide - "Coleopteran Diversity"