|Date of Birth: || |
|Date of Joining:||01.10.2014|
|Research Interest||Distribution theory, Fractional calculus, Special functions, Stochastic process, Time series, Reliability analysis.|
- 2012 - 2014 Visiting Scientist, Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai centre, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai, India.
- 2009 - 2012 Senior research fellow (DST), Centre for Mathematical Sciences (CMS), Pala Campus, Kerala, India.
- 2007 - 2009 Junior research fellow (DST), Centre for Mathematical Sciences (CMS), Pala Campus, Kerala, India.
- 2009 - 2012 Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics (Ph.D), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- 2004 - 2006 Post Graduation in Statistics, St Thomas College, Pala, Kerala, India. (83%)
- 2001 - 2004 Graduation in Mathematics, St George College, Aruvithura, Kerala, India. (92%)
|Thesis||"Statistical Distributions and Time Series Models Connected to Bessel and Mittag-Leffler Functions via Fractional Calculus"|
Supervisor : Professor Umesh Singh, Banaras Hindu University, India.
Co-Supervisor : Professor A.M. Mathai, McGill University, Canada.
"A study on checking linear model assumptions using SAS software"
Supervisor : Professor Sreejith V., Govt. College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram
|Awards and Prizes|
- Won the Young Statistician Award of Kerala Statistical Association in 2009.
- Third prize, 2008 SERC School at CMS
|International Collaborations in Research|
- Late Professor A. A. Kilbas, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus.
- Professor Rudolf Gorenflo, Free University of Berlin, Germany.
- Professor Hans J. Haubold, Office of Outer Space Affairs, United Nations, Austria.
|Research Papers Published / Accepted / Communicated|
- Kilbas, A. A. and Sebastian, N. (2008). Generalized fractional integration of Bessel function of the first kind, Integral Transforms and Special functions, 19, No. 12, 869-883.
- Kilbas, A. A. and Sebastian, N. (2008). Generalized fractional differentiation of Bessel function of the first kind, Mathematica Balkanica (New Series), 22, No. 3-4, 323-346.
- Sebastian, N. (2008). Certain fractional integral and differential operators on modified Bessel function of the first kind, STARS: Int.Journal(Sciences), 2, No.1, 50-64.
- Sebastian, N. (2009). Some statistical aspects of fractional calculus, Journal of Kerala Statistical Association, 20, 23-33.
- Sebastian, N. (2009). A generalized gamma model associated with Bessel function and its applications in statistical mechanics, Proceedings of AMADE-09, Belarus, 114-119.
- Sebastian, N. (2010). An overview of generalized gamma model associated with Bessel function, Proceedings of the National workshop on Fractional calculus and Statistical distributions, CMS Publication No. 41, 33-46.
- Kilbas, A. A. and Sebastian, N. (2010). Fractional integration of the product of Bessel functions of the first kind, Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, 13, No. 2 , 159-175.
- Sebastian, N. (2011). A generalized gamma model associated with a Bessel function, Integral Transforms and Special functions, 22, No. 9, 631-645.
- Sebastian, N. (2011). Certain properties of Saigo operator associated with generalized hyper geometric function, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mathematical Sciences, 93-112.
- Sebastian, N. (2011). On multivariate generalized gamma Bessel model, Proceedings of Discrete Mathematics and Computational Statistics.
- Sebastian, N. (2012). Limiting approach to generalized gamma Bessel model via fractional calculus and its applications in various disciplines. Springer Proceedings in Physics http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.7949.
- Sebastian, N. and Gorenflo, R. (2013). A generalized Laplacian model associated with the fractional generalization of the Poisson processes,http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.8271.
- Sebastian, N., Joseph, D. P. and Nair, S. S.(2013). An overview of the pathway idea in physical and statistical sciences. http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.7931.
- Sebastian, N. (2014). Generalized pathway entropy and its applications in diffusion entropy analysis and fractional calculus, Communications in Applied and Industrial Mathematics. http://arxiv.org/abs/1402.7199.
|Book(s) edited/ co-edited|
- Proceedings of the national workshop on fractional calculus and statistical distributions, DST CMS Publication No. 41, 2009.
- Entropy (Shannon, Boltzmann-Gibbs), Distribution Function (Gauss, Maxwell-Boltzmann), and H-Function (Fox, Leibniz fractional calculus), Springer, 2013 (in progress).
|Workshops / Conferences / Symposiums Organized|
- One day symposium on Statistics held at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Chennai on 13th April 2013.
- International Conference on Fractional Calculus, Probability and Non-local Operators: Applications and Recent Developments held at Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain, from 6-8 November 2013.
- 97th Indian Science Congress held at the University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, from 3-7 January 2010.
- Fifth International Conference of Analytical Methods of Analysis and Di_erential Equations held at Minsk, Belarus, from 14-19 September 2009.
|Contributory Talks at International Conferences|
- International Conference on Special Functions and Their Applications (ICSFA-2011) & Symposium on Works of Ramanujan held during July 28-30, 2011 at Jodhpur.
- International Conference on New Trends in Life Testing, Bayesian Inference, Sampling theory, Bio-Statistics, Bio-Informatics and Computer Applications held at the Department of Statistics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, from 5-8 January 2011.
- International Conference on Mathematical Sciences in Honour of Professor A. M. Mathai held at Department of Statistics St Thomas College Pala, Kerala, India from 3-5 January 2011.
|Contributory Talks at National Conferences|
- Orientation Program for UG students at The Department of Statistics, Govt. College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram on 8th August 2014.
- Orientation Program conducted by Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai and Farook College, at Farook College Kozhikode during 20-24 December 2013.
- National Conference on Advances in Statistical Theory and Applications held by Bangalore University, Bangalore during November 16-18, 2011.
- National Seminar on Discrete Mathematics and Computational Statistics held at the Department of Mathematics, Bishop Kurialacherry College for Women, Kottayam, Kerala, from 23-24 June 2011.
- National Workshop on Fractional Calculus and Statistical Distributions held at CMS Pala Campus, Kerala, from November 25-27, 2009.
- 14th Annual Conference of Gwalior Academy of Mathematical Sciences and a Symposium on Computational Mathematics and its Application to Engineering, Management and Biology, held at IPS College of Technology and Management, (IPS CTM) Gwalior, from 17-19 July 2009.
- 11th Annual Conference of the Society of Statistics, Computer and Applications held at Department of Statistics, University of Madras, from 24-26 February 2009.
- 96th Indian Science Congress held at NEHU, Shilong, from 3-7 January 2009.
- National Meet of Research Scholars in Mathematical Sciences held at IIT Kanpur, U.P., from 6-10 December 2008.
|Workshops / Conferences Attended|
- Workshop on New Directions in Probability held at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Bangalore, from 30th May-4th June 2013.
- Workshop on Heavy-tailed distributions and extreme value theory held at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, from 14-17 January 2013.
- Workshop on Topics in Probability held at Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI), from 18-20 December 2012.
- International Conference on Statistics, Probability and Related Area held at Cochin University of Science and Technology, from 19-22 December 2011.
- National Seminar on Stochastic Analysis, held at Cochin University of Science and Technology, from 24-25 February 2011.
- International Congress of Mathematicians, held at Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad, from 19-27 August 2010.
- Advanced Instructional School in Weak Convergence with Applications in Statistics, held at Pune University, Pune, from 01-25 June 2010.
- CMS 2nd series 3rd SERC school, Matrix Variable Calculus and Statistical Distribution Theory from 12th April to14th May 2010.
- National Workshop on Bayesian Statistics & MCMC Methods using BUGS & R, held at St Thomas College Pala, Kerala, from 26-30 June 2009.
- CMS 2nd series 2nd SERC school, Model Building from 20th April to 22nd May 2009.
- Workshop of Advanced training in Non-convex Optimization and its Applications, held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, from 22-26 March 2009.
- CMS 2nd series 1st SERC school, Multivariable and Matrix-Variate Calculus from 14th April-17th May 2008.
- Annual Conference of the Society for Special Functions and Their Applications, held at St Thomas College Pala, Kerala, from 18-20 May 2007.
- CMS 1st series 5th SERC school, Special Functions and Functions of Matrix Argument from 23rd April-25th May 2007.
- Life time member of the Indian Science Congress Association.
- Life time member of Society for Special Functions and Their Applications.
- Life time member of the Kerala Statistical Association.