Research Research Council
All the Research Centres are running as per directions of Directorate of Research, University of Calicut
A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. must contact the Coordinator for the information regarding availiability of seats, procedure of application, facility provided, rules and regulations etc. Please visit RESEARCH DEPARTMENTS for more details.
1.The Research Council insists the research scholars to undergo a review of the progress of research and to submit a report every six months. It helps the research council and the supervisors to give adequate timeline and directives to the scholars.
2.The Research Council encourages departments without research centres to apply for research centre status. As a result, five more departments; namely Economics, Commerce, Statistics, Botany and Mathematics have become recognized research centres of the University of Calicut in the last five years. The process of recognising the department of Physics as the research centre of the University is almost complete and waiting for the orders concerned.
3. Teachers are given proper directions and support to take up major and minor research projects. In the past five years, the number of research projects, research guides, research scholars and post doctoral fellows has increased tremendously.
4. Research Council regularly conducts national level research conferences for the scholars and the faculty separately.
5. The Research Council urges the faculty and research scholars to publish their research outputs in peer reviewed journals of national and international repute.
6. Promotes maximum participation in the national and international seminars, conferences and workshops.
7. Provides facilities for post-doctoral research and at present there are two post-doctoral research scholars.
8. Encourages teachers to take departmental/interdisciplinary research projects from national and international funding agencies.
9. Promotes consultancy for issues in research area and also monitors the consultancy services rendered by each research departments.
10. Motivates the existing faculty to involve in quality research and acquire doctoral degrees. 23 of them were already awarded PhD and 33 are pursuing.
11. Arranges endowment/invited lectures on an extensive manner through the research centres in order to familiarise innovative research areas.
12. Conducts PhD Pre-submission synopsis presentations as well as PhD Open defences.
13. Honours those who received achievements in research area.
Dr.Ignatius Antony (Principal)
Dr.Joby Thomas K (Coordinator), Ph. No. 9497773468, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. V.M.Chacko (Joint Coordinator), Ph.No.9961335938, email@example.com
- Dr. Francy Kakkassery
- Dr.Vimala K John
- Dr.Joyce Jose
Dr. Anto Thomas C
Dr. Biju C.S
- Dr.Sanil Raj J
Dr. Paulson Mathew
- Dr.Sunil Jose T
- Dr.Jency Thomas
- Dr.Joseph Joly V L
Dr.Thomas Paul Kattukkaran
- Dr.Anto P V
- Dr.Vimala Jose
- Dr.Sabu P J
- Dr.Alphonsa Mathew
- Dr.Julie Andrews
- Dr.Viji M
- Dr.Nicy Sebastian
- Dr. Vimalkumar T V
- Dr.Johns Naduvath
- Dr.Ann Mary
- Dr.Viju M J
- Prof.Vincent Joseph Pulikkottil
Please click here to view Directorate of Research, Calicut University for the upto date research Regulations, Strategy, Notification & Orders etc.
Most Cited Research Papers
Upto date information can be drawn from HERE
1. Research is conceived as the centre of excellence and scholarship. Six new research centres have started functioning in the past five years.
2. All teachers with PhD are encouraged to take guideship and actively take part in research supervision.
3. As a result of consistent perseverance of the research council, there is a significant hike in the number of research projects of the college.
4. Research projects from DST, UGC, KSCSTE and other governmental and non-governmental agencies are also supported technically by the research council.
5. PhD and Post Doctoral research are always considered as a bench mark for faculty appointment.
6. The Research Council based on University regulations stipulates norms for research admission, progress, publication and completion of research dissertations and projects to promote more innovative research.
7. Research orientation is an integral part of pedagogy and practice of learning in the UG and PG curriculum and as a result many students are placed as research scholars and fellows in many national and international institutes. College offers UGC-NET coaching with research orientation. There is a rapid hike in the number of JRF and NET winners in the PG classes as a result of such ventures. (81 JRF-NET holders during last five years)
8. ‘Research Scholars Meet’ conducted every year is a very prestigious event organized by the research council to instil research interest and aptitude among research scholars. PG students also participate in the event so that they can develop research aptitude and interest.
9. A national level research seminar on emerging trends in research is conducted every year under the initiative of research council.
10. Students’ scholarships: Eighteen students were awarded DST-INSPIRE Scholarship and many other students were awarded various Higher Education Scholarships. Merin K, B. Sc. Physics student was selected to participate in the international conference on basic science in South Korea and Germany.
11. Staff members are encouraged to do research under the UGC sponsored Faculty Development Programme. Duty permission for paper presentation in seminars / conferences, to use the libraries, research laboratories, bio-informatics facility Centre and Central Instrumentation facility in other institutions. Internet connectivity is provided for their research programs.