Clubs & CellsEntreprenueurial Club
The main objective of the entrepreneurship Development Club is to infuse creativity and innovation among the students of our college.The State Government is encouraging the initatives to promote Entrepreneurship among the students. The Department of Industries and Commerce , Government of Kerala , in association with Education Department formulated a Scheme to set up “Entrepreneurship Development Clubs in colleges of the state to inculate “entrepreneurship Culture “ among the Youth. The entrepreneurship Development club is functioning in our college to inculcate entrepreneurship culture among youth and equip them with the knowledge, skill, techniques and confidence to act as torch bearers of Enterprise for the new generation. Entrepreneurship Development Club started functioning in our college from 18 December, 2012.
Co-ordinator: Sindhu George, 9567060471
INDUSTRIAL ESTATE VISIT
Entrepreneurship development club of stc conducted an industrial visit to Ayyankunnu industrial estate Mundur on 19th Nov 2016. 25 ED club members along with 4 faculties visited 3 manufacturing units... Millennium Rubber industries Pvt Ltd, Hailstone Innovations Pvt Ltd, and Eazi pen Manufacturing Company.
Objectives of the club
- To inculcate integrity, hardwork, discipline, honesty etc, as constituents of Entrepreneurship.
- To make students aware of the unlimited development potential of the state.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial culture in the students
- To induct Entrepreneurial spirit in the institutions.
Major Functions of the Club
- Organize interactive sessions with successful entrepreneurs from outside as well as with in the state.
- Organize industrial visits to business enterprises with in the state.
- To introduce talented youths to industrial research Organisations.
- Conduct exhibitions to explore the talents of the students.
- Organize workshops
- Exposure to various events in different parts of the state related to industrial development.
Major Highlights of the Club
- Mr. Naijo Paul C and Ajay Ajith (B.Com Final Year students) attended a Start up boost Camp- a one day interaction programme with the Chief Minister of the State on 15, January 2014 at Trivandrum.
- An Exhibition of Arts & crafts made by our students FERIA’14 was conducted on 6, Feb 2014 . 32 stalls with 52 student participants made the event a grand success. It created a platform for the students to showcase their talents.
- 12 ED Club Members attended a Workshop on Personal Entrepreneurial Characteristics (W_PEC) at KIED Kalamassery, Ernakulam from 11 Dec to 14 Dec 2014.
- FERIA’15 was conducted on 16, Feb 2015 in which 53 stalls were put up by 125 student participants. The event was a grand success.
- 10 ED Club Members attended a Workshop on Personal Entrepreneurial Characteristics (W_PEC) at KIED Kalamassery, Ernakulam from 01 Dec to 04 Dec 2015.
- Doughy Delights –We bake , U Take - A cake Carnival was conducted with 36 Student participants who exhibited and sold home made cakes and chocolates.